Friday, September 23, 2016
Hello and welcome back to another exciting school year! Over the last few weeks we have been establishing classroom routines, rules, and hopes & dreams. We will continue to reconnect to things learned last year and expand upon them in the upcoming months. The following will explain some of our routines, schedules and things to know about Room 210:
- Our Lunch/Recess break is at 11:25 – 12:15 as follows:11:25 – 11:50 – Lunch
11:50 – 12:15 - Recess
- We will be having one snack break in the morning. Please be mindful that your child eat a complete and healthy breakfast each morning, and pack a HEALTHY nut free snack and drink each day (i.e., fruits, veggies, crackers, cheese, water and/or real fruit juice,etc). Snacks containing high sugar content, while yummy, will give your child a sugar high and then they will crash and burn. Empty tummies will not enable your child to reach his or her learning potential. We would like all children ready for the challenges of learning each and every day. Healthy snacks are the way to go!
- Feel free to send in bottled water (clearly labeled) for you child as well.
- I have supplied the students with pencils, crayons, colored pencils, markers, glue sticks, erasers, pencil boxes, and folders that should accommodate our needs for most of the school year. Additional school supplies that your child has purchased for school can be used during his or her Homework time at home.
- A homework folder goes home with your child every night to facilitate communication between home and school. On the inside-left is a section for parent notices and/or corrected papers and the inside-right is for homework. This folder MUST be checked and returned to school each day. Please place any communication to me in the parent side of the folder.
- Homework began this past Monday. Check the Homework Tab for more detailed information regarding Second Grade homework.
- Our “Specials Block” is each afternoon from 1:45-2:30 at which time your child will be engaged in Art, P.E., Music, and Library. The tentative schedule is as follows:
Monday – P.E. (Sneakers required)Tuesday – Library (1:10-1:40) & Art
Wednesday – Music
Thursday – P.E. (Sneakers required)
Friday – Music
To help facilitate a successful and safe dismissal, it is extremely important that we know where your child is going at the beginning of each school day. While emergencies do arise, we suggest that you send a note to school with your child each time he or she will be going home a different way, being picked up, or leaving early for an appointment. The office needs this information by . If there is a discrepancy as to where your child is going (i.e., your child says he or she is going home a different way, but there is no note to back it up), your child will be sent to the office at the end of the school day. You will be called and will be responsible for picking up your child if necessary.
I hope this letter answers some of your beginning of the year questions. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. My telephone number is 781-221-7773 and email address is email@example.com.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Pine Glen Elementary School
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Presenters are needed! Do you have an interesting career and would you like to share with our students? Please come and talk about your career with our students!
Come and join in on a great time and share your career with our students! We would love having you!
Interested? Contact Lauren Zanotti, School Counselor
Pine Glen Elementary School
781-270-1715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out this form and return to Lauren Zanotti, School Counselor if you would like to present:
Presenters Name: _________________________________
Child’s Name/Grade: ______________________________
Career Title: ________________________________
Phone Number: _____________________________
**Volunteers needed from 9:00-11:00 AM**
____ I can only present for a specific time period (Please list the hours you are available).
Comments (special set up, equipment needed, etc):
Friday, April 8, 2016
Last month we went on a field trip to the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard University. The children had a lot of fun exploring all of the different exhibits with their chaperoned group. Below are some of the pictures I was able to take during our trip.
Today the children dressed up as their future career choice! Many of the students and teachers at Pine Glen participated. There were so many creative career choice costumes. Some of these included teachers, baseball players, football players, soccer players, doctors, singers, veterinarians, fashion designers and models. It was a fun day for all!